Please use our A-Z INDEX to navigate this site where page links may lead to other sites
LONDON TRANSPORT - The famous landmark is a cesspool of carcinogenic gases and particulates. If you want to put yourself at risk as to lung cancer, this is the place for you. Workers and visitors should perhaps be issued with gas masks.
The City of London would be a great place for tourists and workers if only the air was cleaner. As it stands it is one of the unhealthiest places on planet earth, but maybe not for long, with MP, Grant Shapps, Secretary of State for Transport, looking to ban ICE vehicles from 2032.
TIMES APRIL 2019
Sadiq Khan’s critics say he will fall far short of his target to eradicate tailpipe emissions from all buses within 18 years. Less than 2 per cent of London’s buses are
zero-emission vehicles. Only a fraction of black cabs, which can release emissions up to 30 times higher than conventional cars of the same age, are
FUEL CELLS - Hydrogen is better than diesel. But it is potentially dangerous in liquid and gaseous forms. Don't forget the Hindenburg. A better solution is storage as a safer hydride in cartridges, especially for use in crowded city centres.
BBC NEWS MARCH 2017
London's new low emission bus zones:
- Brixton to Streatham - from Brixton Hill via Stockwell Road and Streatham High Road to Streatham Place
- A12 Eastern Avenue - from Blake Hall Road via High Road Leyton and Homerton High Street to Marsh Hill
- Lewisham to Catford - from Bromley Road via Rushey Green to Lewisham High Street
- Stratford - from Abbey Lane via Mile End Road to Woodgrange Road
- Haringey - from High Road to Green Lanes
- Camberwell to New Cross - from Blackheath Road via Camberwell Green and Peckham High Street to Wood's Green
- Wandsworth to St John's Hill - from Lavender Hill to Wandsworth Road.
- Edgware Road (Kilburn to Maida Vale) - from Cricklewood Broadway via Kilburn High Road to Shoot-Up Hill
- Edmonton to Seven Sisters - from Amhurst Park via Green Lanes and Seven Sisters Road to The Broadway
- Uxbridge Road to Shepherds Bush - from Ealing Broadway via Hanger Lane to Uxbridge Road, The Broadway
- Chiswick High Road to Kensington - via Hammersmith Broadway and Kensington High Street to Studland Street
The 11 further LEBZs will be introduced by 2020, with the Brixton to Streatham one to be launched in October.
BUSES & TRUCKS - Battery cartridges for public transport might tie in with generated distribution and storage load levelling. This will be possible with the standardization of cartridges, including future proofing for hydrogen fuel cells (as and when that technology is fully developed). One size fits all. Most existing vehicles might be converted. The second key component is the service station. These stations service buses, trucks nd cars, while they provide load leveling mobility security. Trucks come in all shapes and sizes, form rigid flatbeds to articulated lorries, mostly defined by their cubic carrying capacity and weight. The service station above caters for all standard sized vehicles and is Copyright February 2020 © all rights reserved, Cleaner Ocean Foundation Ltd.
The system — which can be retrofitted for a few thousand pounds per vehicle — harnesses normally volatile ammonia gas by releasing it in a steady trickle into the exhaust system.
Trials were conducted on seven-year-old diesel buses and the scrubbing process was found to perform twice as well as other methods.
Amminex chief technology officer Tue Johannessen said he hoped the system would be snapped up by other firms which run heavily polluting diesel vehicles in London.
He said: “The real success would be if this is applied to all vehicles related to city driving — delivery trucks, vans, garbage trucks, buses and cars. This is where we can make a really big impact.”
MAKES OF ELECTRIC TRUCKS
EUROPEAN AUTO MANUFACTURERS INCLUDE:
Bluebird Energy Systems (SME)
PIC No: 895922168
Cleaner Ocean Foundation (Not for profit)
LINKS & REFERENCE
Please use our A-Z INDEX to navigate this site
This website is provided on a free basis as a public information service. copyright © Climate Change Trust 2020. Solar Studios, BN271RF, United Kingdom.